Good Monday morning Road Crew! We arrived at our delivery this morning at 0415am. Let’s review shall we? We loaded on Friday afternoon and was told to rush to get to the delivery by the time they open at 5am on Monday (today). We brand full days to arrive and what happens when we checked in to the delivery?….. We are not even on the schedule for today. Or tomorrow or at all! No chance of being unloaded without an appointment even though there are 9 dock doors here and no other trucks are around. The clerk also mentioned that numerous trucks with deliveries in the past week have been turned away due to no delivery appointment set in their system!
So much for the weekend rush, so much for getting up at 330am this morning!! My bosses have been notified, nothing we can do until they figure this out and of course they are all on Pacific time! As soon as a new plan is hatched, I’ll let ya know.
We are finally getting both trailer tires replaced. New tires on a new trailer but one had a nail in it and the other had a cut. This does put us behind a bit for delivery, but we will do what we can. I did manage to get my free shower and of course free coffee! Since the guy is currently working on the tires, hopefully it won’t be much longer.
Morning! The bosses are scrambling to solve our dilemma. We had two hours left and 89 more miles to go to delivery. The distance alone could only be done at highway speeds. Keep in mind morning rush hour from Provo clear to Salt Lake City, then the horrible construction and it would guarantee a violation for us before we even made it! If another driver comes to take this from us, it will be good. If not, we get 14 hours back at midnight Pacific time and will run it in then. Not sure which way this will go just yet. As soon as something happens, I’ll let ya know.
We swapped trailer loads with another driver this afternoon. We will take and deliver their load Thursday morning in Salt Lake City and they took ours and took it straight to delivery in Grantsville. Sure, we could have been a “super trooper” and made our delivery but I am 100% certain we would have gotten a violation. In the end, the DOT can issue a ticket for any violation within the last 8 days. No officer would care that a load was saved, point is, we had to stay legal. These computer elogs are unforgiving and reasons don’t matter in the least.
Good lunchtime almost! We are just waiting for our rest clock to end so we can get out of here. I don’t know exactly what is in these hills around here, but the allergies are running full blast! We will start shortly towards Denver. We will have about an hour or so of our first broadcast until we go into a deadzone for signal for about two hours as we navigate the San Rafael Swell, Ghost Rock, and the other very steep mountain grades until we reach about Green River. While we won’t have signal, you can always watch the snowman camera and it will send out an image any time any hint of a tower comes along. There will be many times that we will buffer and most likely will lose the stream all along the way to Denver. Think about it, we are going through some very remote areas!
Finally got the newest Road Crew entry in the gallery. Way back on July 21, Stephen and Donald met us in Springville, Utah.
Good super early morning. We just shutdown on our next shipper’s property. Wait. Shutdown? Yup. Our delivery appointment yesterday was set for 7pm. We showed up an hour early. They put us in a door at 7pm, started unloading about midnight, and finally let us go about 8+ hours later. We then tried to get coffee before heading into our next shipper and that alone was an adventure! Closed ramps, closed lanes, turnarounds, train horns, side streets, missed streets, total fiasco just for coffee! You can check out our broadcast for the details. Finally did get my coffee though and that is what counts!
Because of the stupidly delayed unloading process, it has really messed up our next trip. We are already attached to our next trailer and loaded up and ready. Well, except that now we are hitting our 14 hour clock! We need to do a split sleeper clock and suspend the 14 hour clock. This means we will probably run about 1230pm Pacific time. I need to try and arrange more time to get to the delivery and get a few more hours at least. There is also the chance that because of the delays with the previous delivery folks taking waaaaay too long, we might end up losing this next trip since we were supposed to have already been underway by midnight. Check back in a few hours and see where we stand then.
Ok, so not sure how I made a simple statement about us turning down a load (and for good reason) solicited so many negative comments! This will teach me to keep more of the “inside” trucking information to myself. Let’s not turn this blog and website into a place of controversy and discontent. Help me keep this blog better than the average website that gets filled with garbage and divisiveness. Remember, I’m trying to show the world of trucking and all the free travel across America that comes built in with this job that is so vital to everyone.
In the meantime, I’m having one crummy day getting this next trip started and finding an empty trailer to load with! Have patience and we will get rolling when everything lines up correctly!
Egads, gonna be 110f here today in Phoenix says the weather app! Crank up the air conditioning! Many thanks for all the birthday wishes. Between emails, Facebook, Twitter, etc, there are so so many birthday wishes to me. that if I happen to miss saying thanks to you personally, please don’t take it personally and just know that I appreciate each one.
We are waiting for our next trip. I’ve already turned one down but the planners are working on something else for us. As soon as I get word back, I’ll let ya know.
Howdy! We were unable to get another driver to take our delivery for us last night so we ended up doing it. It wasn’t really all that bad, but we were so short on hours, I was afraid we would not make it back to shutdown and ark before getting a violation on our 70 hour clock. We finally shutdown with just 9 minutes left about 1130pm. Whew! We are in the process of doing another 34 hour restart sine we didn’t gain any hours today. I am using today to finally get the trip journal caught back up as well. When we ran through the Virgin River Gorge in Northwest Arizona the other day, broadcast signal is non existent, so we hard recorded it in HD for ya. Have a look and enjoy!